Depending on Jesus
As believers know we have to depend on Jesus for many things: for salvation, for guidance, for forgiveness, for daily needs. But to depend on Christ for everything? Excluding nothing? It's a scary—but also a profoundly biblical—idea.
In this ten-session LifeGuide® Bible Study, you'll explore instances of biblical people learning that they could rely on Christ to see them through, even when all other avenues of help failed. They encountered every kind of obstacle: hostility, loneliness, injustice, failure, and other seemingly impossible difficulties. Just as they discovered that Christ is sufficient for any and all circumstances, you will be encouraged to discover the same.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most out of Depending on Jesus
1. Strength Within Powerlessness (2 Corinthians 12:6-10)
2. Direction Within Frustration (Acts 16:1-10)
3. Rest Within Work (Matthew 11:28-30)
4. Renewal Within Defeat (Luke 24:13-35)
5. Help Within Hostility (2 Corinthians 4:7-18)
6. Courage Within Injustice (Acts 16:16-40)
7. Restoration Within Ruin (Mark 5:1-20)
8. Belonging Within Loneliness (2 Timothy 4:9-22)
9. Empathy Within Faltering (Hebrews 4:14–5:10)
10. Mercy Within Failure (John 18:15-18, 25-27; 21:15-19)