Do you look around you and see nothing but trouble?
Or are you experiencing firsthand a time of suffering?
Do you wonder how any good can come out of the world you live in?
In the Old Testament book of Isaiah, you'll discover that trouble and suffering are nothing new to God's people. But the prophet Isaiah raises a loud cry for revival in this midst of a rotting society. Isaiah firmly believes that God can triumph even in the worst of times.
As Howard Peskett guides you through eleven session LifeGuide® Bible Study on Isaiah, you'll dig deep into the prophet's revolutionary message of repentance, forgiveness and hope. And you'll find comfort for coping with your own troubled times.
This LifeGuide Bible Study in IVP's revised format features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, as well as a new "Now or Later" section following each session to help you act on what you learn.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
PDF download with a single-user license; available from InterVarsity Press and other resellers.
Getting the Most Out of Isaiah 1--39
1. No More Rotten Religion! - Isaiah 1
2. Longing Living For That Day - Isaiah 2
3. A Song of Injustice - Isaiah 5
4. Responding to God's Call - Isaiah 6
5. To Us a Child Is Born - Isaiah 8:19--9:7
6. A Hope to Live By - Isaiah 11--12
7. Our Spoiled World - Isaiah 24
8. Free at Last! - Isaiah 25
9. Why Can Trust You? - Isaiah 30:1-18
10. The Source of Confidence - Isaiah 36--37
11. How Quick We Are to Forget - Isaiah 38--39