We all love a good story. But the parables of Jesus are even better than that. They sneak up on us, catching us off guard and toppling our easy assumptions. When the familiar takes an unexpected twist, we find our secret thoughts exposed to the healing light of Jesus. This twelve-session LifeGuide® Bible Study introduces twelve of the greatest stories ever told; how might they change your thoughts and actions?
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of Parables
1. Parable of the Sower - Matthew 13:1-23
2. The "Lost" Parables - Luke 15:1-32
3. The Good Samaritan - Luke 10:25-37
4. The Unforgiving Servant - Matthew 18:21-35
5. The Widow the Judge - Luke 18:1-8
6. The Wheat the Weeds - Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43
7. Parables of Money Self-Worth - Matthew 19:16--20:16
8. The Wise Foolish Virgins - Matthew 24:36--25:13
9. Parable of the Talents - Matthew 25:14-30
10. The Pharisee the Tax Collector - Luke 18:9-14
11. Parable of the Rich Fool - Luke 12:13-21
12. The Rich Man Lazarus - Luke 16:19-31