When the disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, he gave them what is now known as "the Lord's Prayer."
What is the Lord's Prayer to you? Is it a formal prayer that you repeat only during Sunday morning worship? Has it become so familiar that you hardly think about its meaning? If so, you are missing out on a rich resource for your spiritual life.
In this eight-session LifeGuide® Bible Study Douglas Connelly unpacks the Lord's Prayer section by section with additional texts that help you dig deeper into Jesus' teaching about how to pray.
This LifeGuide Bible Study features questions for starting group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection, together with leader's notes and a "Now or Later" section in each study.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies.
Getting the Most Out of The Lord's Prayer
1. Talking to the Father - Matthew 6:5-15
2. Showing Some Respect - Isaiah 6:1-8
3. Who's Really in Charge? - Matthew 25:31-46
4. Why Pray When You Can Worry? - Luke 12:22-34
5. Costly Forgiveness - Matthew 18:21-35
6. Tackling Temptation - John 17:6-19
7. The Power and Glory - Revelation 4
8. A Passion for Prayer - Luke 11:1-13