Waiting for God
We spend much of our life waiting. For healing for ourselves or a friend. For a wayward daughter to return to God. For a new job. For marriage and children and grandchildren. Sometimes the waiting can cause us to feel stuck, or forgotten by God. But waiting time is not wasted time.
These eight-session LifeGuide® Bible Study by Juanita Ryan help you draw near to God in times of uncertainty and postponement. As she leads you and your group through significant moments of waiting in Scripture, you will become familiar with the dynamics of such times and learn to hear God?s call to rest in his timing.
For over three decades LifeGuide Bible Studies have provided solid biblical content and raised thought-provoking questions—making for a one-of-a-kind Bible study experience for individuals and groups. This series has more than 130 titles on Old and New Testament books, character studies, and topical studies
Getting the Most Out of Waiting
1. When Waiting Is Difficult: Psalm 13
2. Wisdom in Waiting: Proverbs 3:1-12
3. Waiting for God: Psalm 42
4. Waiting Together: Job 2:11-13; 6:1-3, 14-17; 13:1-5
5. Waiting with Hope: Luke 1:1-25, 57-80
6. God?s Presence and Purposes in Our Waiting: Genesis 39
7. The Gifts in Waiting: Psalm 40
8. The God Who Waits: Luke 15:11-31